Monday, September 19, 2011

week 10

This week was long because it was transfer week.  I didn't think I would get moved just yet, and I didn't so I'll be here for another 6 weeks.  We have a new elder, he is new to Swindon but he has been out 18 months.  He's our new district leader and his name is Elder Stoddard.  
Our investigator who we committed to baptism, got baptized . . . in Long Beach, California :(  All that matters is that he got baptized (and that he is bringing us back oreos haha just kidding).  He is a way cool guy.  I'm so proud that he made this step in his life.  He texted us after his baptism and he said it was the best decision he has ever made and he is excited and happy.  That made us happy, so we celebrated by getting a battered Mars Bar.  What is it?  A Milky Way candy bar, battered.  The first time I had one I smelt it and I'm pretty sure my heart stopped, but they are really good.  

It isn't summer anymore. Fall has officially hit.  Its clear blue skies but freezing!!  I don't even know how thats possible.  From inside the flat it looks like a hot summer day and you step outside and you turn right around and grab a jacket.  I have a feeling it is going to be a cold winter.   
 
We are starting to get a couple more dinner appointments,  but the ward feels instead of feeding us they just give us bags of cookies.  PLEASE FEED THE MISSIONARIES IN THE MODESTO 1ST WARD EVERY DAY!!!!!  We manage though, we have rice and chicken almost everyday for every meal and we throw burgers in sometimes.  I'm not too sure but I think I've gained weight.  I would weigh myself but no one has a scale in England, so I'm on the search for a scale. 
 
Town is way fun!  There are a lot of shops.  Primark, Subway, ASDA, which is like Walmart.  Madalans, which is a really cool place (cool clothes but well good suits).  
   
We are teaching loads of people, about 7 people or so.  Some are Less Active Members or Recent Converts.  We are teaching a woman and her daughter who are amazing!! I love them and they seem interested, they just have a lot of questions.  We are working on getting them to church on Sunday.  
 
Were staying busy and working hard! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment