Monday, February 13, 2012

week 31

(Regarding the fire truck pictures from last week)  No, our apartment was not on fire, they were doing some drills and practicing!  It was really cool to watch--Cameron would have loved it!!!
Scouting helped me be a better missionary.  It taught me discipline and and unity between friends.  It taught me how to be a good problem solver and to have determination (like when it took like 8 years to get that stinkin' archery merit badge).  Without scouting I wouldn't have the values I do, or the respect and skills I have gained through it. Plus the amazing people I have met along the way, and the incredible memories I have from it like the Jamboree.  I loved scouting and I wouldn't trade it for anything. 
  
There is a sentence in Preach My Gospel that says something like "your understanding of the Atonement will affect you and give you a strong desire to share the gospel".  It is true, the Savior gave everything to us and gave everything up for us.  So as we follow him we do the same. 
The work in Walsall has been hard, especially with Elder McGregor being sick, but we're getting there.
We had a tender mercy of the Lord on Sunday and had a walk in at church!  He seemed really cool and I'm excited to see where that goes! 
We are working with members and Less Actives alot which is building the kingdom. 

I love D&C 121: 7-8 especially during these hard times. 
"My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment;  And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes."

All is well over here in jolly ole England!

No comments:

Post a Comment