Tuesday, May 1, 2012

week 42


The experience I had last week with the man coming up to us on the street and referring us to his friend really helped me to see that "no effort is wasted"  Everything we do as missionaries has an impact on the lives of people and even though they may never move forward in our time table, that doesn't mean we aren't successful, it just means that it's not there time and we are mearly a tool used in the process of their conversion. 
 
I have an amazing story!  Our convert from Swindon has the priesthood and he is actively attending the temple to do baptisms for the dead every week and he is preparing to go through the temple and receive his endowment!!  I'm so happy for him and it made me realize that, that right there is the goal--the temple.  I love it!!
 
We are trying to find a solid investigator that wants to move foward, unfortunately the one investigator we had has dropped of the radar and we can't get ahold of her or anything :( We have a couple of semi-investigators so im really excited to get them progressing and moving toward baptism and the ultimate goal, the temple :) 

Michael and Elder Keddington
Michael and Elder Tonga
I have almost been out 1 year--that is weird to think about.  We had Zone Conference and it was sad because so many missionaries I have come to love are leaving and it was Pres. Ogdens last :(  I know though that this work that I am a part of is a great work that deals with the salvation of souls.  As missionaries we are lifeguards saving souls physically and eternally.  I know that this gospel brings happiness and that we can find joy in knowing that God is there and that Jesus is the Christ.  God loves us and answers our prayers.  It is amazing!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment