Monday, September 10, 2012

week 61



Here is a shout out to Cameron for the blog.
Hey Cameron!  It's Michael!  I love you and hope you have an amazing birthday!
Hey Katie!  I miss you and hope you are loving school and Girl Scouts! 

On my mission I have gained a strong testimony that everything that happens, God has a role in it. I know that to be true.  Our agency and God's plan, and desire to help us return to live with him is what composes our life really.  It's amazing though because for me it gives me an opportunity when something amazing happens to say thanks Heavenly Father and when things don't work out I can say alright Heavenly Father what was I supposed to learn from that, and I know its all part of his plan.  My goal for the remainder of my time left on my mission is to build a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father.  I want to be able to trust and rely on Him at all times.  I want to be able to know he is hearing and answering my prayers and i want to be able to recognise the answers.  That is my main goal before i come home. 
I have studied the war chapters in the Book of Mormon and I love them!  I know that when i pray for something 50% of the time my answer comes through reading the Book of Mormon.  Someone said that praying is us speaking to God and reading our scriptures is us allowing God to speak to us.  
I have to give a talk next Sunday on Coming unto Christ, and my approach to it is to come unto Christ through his atonement and sacrifice, being made clean through him and being able to push a reset button in a way.  

Things are good here.  im learning patience, love, charity, dilligence, perserverance, hard work, hope, faith, trusting in God, and sooooooooo much more but i am soo grateful for the decision i made to serve a mission.  God is literally our father, he loves us, and cares about us.  Jesus is the Christ and Saviour and redeemer of the world and through him we can return to live with our Father and families.  I know the atonement of Jesus Christ is real!  i have seen it work in others' lives but more importantly in my own.  You feel our Saviour's love and you know he knows exactly what you're going through.  

No comments:

Post a Comment