Monday, February 18, 2013

week 84




Things here are going well. we were able to put one of our investigators on a date for April and now the ball is in his court, so to speak.  He gets to make all the moves and decisions.  He now needs to prove to us and the Lord that he is ready and willing to do what it takes to be baptised.  I pray that he will rise up and commit and come to church and do the things he needs to.  We have a couple of other investigators but our teaching pool has been the same 2 or 3 people like this whole transfer so we are working to find new people to teach.  We are thinking of setting up a scripture study class at the university so that students who want to learn and read from the scriptures can do so, we might get some more investigators that way.  Also we want to start up a church tour, so we can take people around the chapel and they can see what it looks like and what goes on. So that should be good. 
 
We are doing a lot of service with  the members and trying really to work through them when it comes to finding people to teach. We are asking at each one of our dinner appointments to pray for a street that we can go and tract.  It has worked in the past, we had prayed for some streets and had some written down and we were at a members last night and we did the spiritual thought and asked them to pray and we said the closing prayer and right after the prayer he was like what about this street and it was the one we had picked!  Crazy, so we will see what happens!  I LOVE THIS WARD!
 
Transfers got shifted a bit and its on the 2nd of March.
  
Lately this scripture has come back to me again and again. It has helped me through my mission, it's Joshua 1:9 "Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest."  I love this scripture! it helps me know that the Lord is always with me, when im doing what I'm supposed to be.  He loves me and leads me. We don't always recognise His presence in our lives, but He never leaves us.  That has brought me comfort time and time again on my mission and I love it.  So remember, Be of good Courage for the Lord God is with you.

I have made the goal to help people understand why I do what I do.  I want them to know that I do it not for me not for money, because we dont get paid, not for anyone but them!  Because this gospel is for them, to bless them, to bring them comfort, peace and a greater happiness.  Because i know this message is true and it can and will bless their  life right now. That is why I do it.  Because I know that this gospel brings hope, peace and joy and that we all can feel it if we try and allow it into our hearts. 


No comments:

Post a Comment