Monday, October 31, 2011

week 16

Happy Halloween!  They do celebrate Halloween here, but not as big as back home.  We have to go in at 7:00 tonight to be safe.  Guy Fawkes day is this weekend and it is crazy.  Guy went into parliament and try to blow it up with explosives.  He was caught and burned at the stake.  So to celebrate, everyone makes really big bonfires and launches off fireworks.  Its like a British 4th of July!

It was hard leaving Swindon.  I loved the people and the area.  It was a great area.  But new adventures are ahead.  I'm in Walsall which is right in Brum.  It's smaller than Swindon but 10x crazier because it is a city. Our flat is really nice, it's quite big and we have a balcony.  It is right on the canal so we see the canal boats a lot and we walk up that a lot.   

Elder Seigel (my companion) has been out about 17 months.  He is from Alpine Utah and he is 6 ft 8 in tall. He is really funny but also really serious at times.  He has been in Walsall about 5 transfers so about 7 months.  And I will probably be here that long as well.  He is very serious at being a missionary but he has his moments of being funny.  

We have 2 investigators with a date and possibly more to come.  The ward has about 60 members and I have had a DA (dinner appointment) every night I have been here.  We tract a lot but the reason is because the Stake President said if the Litchfield stake knocks every door in 3 years we will see miraculous blessings. So that's what we are doing. The ward is great the people are great and I know I will be here for a while so I'm excited for that. 

I have a saying that I live by now, it is my saying that gets me going and stay working hard.
Pray as though everything depended on the LORD, and work as though everything depended on YOU.
I love being on a mission.  In no way is it easy, you experience the highest highs and the lowest lows. It is a great experience.  I never really noticed, but the gospel really does change lives and I have seen it in my own life and in the lives of people we teach.  It brings true happiness if you do all you can to live it.  It is an amazing blessing that we have in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment