Monday, November 5, 2012

week 69


It's been a good first week. Transfers being on Monday kinda threw off my groove and it was a long week, but it's ok because now it's just a normal week! So it will be good. 
 
The ward seems really good.  The ward is pretty big compared to Milford lol It's about 150 people or so.  All the members are really young and middle aged.  There are no singles at all reallly, all young married students,  There is just one ward in Loughborough but there are more in Nottingham, becuse there is a big uni there as well.  We get fed basically every day so that's pretty awesome and it's good food as well.  We have a lady who is our dinner coordinator  and she is on it like a dog on rubarb lol.  We had fast sunday and I got up to bear my testimony and afterward loads of the members came up to me and said, "i thought you were English until you said you were from california" hahaha YES!!! I have a little British accent!  It's so totally awesome!  I'm gonna sound British when i come home! 
 
Our flat is pretty awesome, we are in the process of re arranging the flat so it is looking quite cozy and homey.  We have a fireplace so we are getting wood and making some fires and keeping warm. So I'm happy.
 
I have only been able to see 1 of the investigators.  He is 13 and Chinese. and he doesn't speak much English so we are teaching him English and teaching with English leaflets and Chinese leaflets and teach side by side.  It's working well. We were there last night and the parents came out and slapped this meal in front of us and we ate this really good, rice and ,meat and I learned im pathetic at using chop sticks but I finally finished. 
 
I know obedience brings blessings not only for me but others and when I'm obedient and hard working it shows my love for the Lord.  I feel that I have two years to devote all my time to show the Lord my appreciation for him, so I'm going to work hard and be obedient and show him it is important to me.  I have gained a strong witness and testimony of how if I dont work hard, if I'm not obedient and so on, then I'm denying not only myself, but others, blessings of salvation.  Understanding this and learning it has changed my whole perspective on the mission and I think I can finish working hard knowing I'm doing it right. 
 
I love this area and I love my mission. I am learning so many things I know i will be able to use when I get home. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment