So I have a long list I've been writing out this week of things I want to tell you.
1. So I feel bad about this one, I have totally forgotten to tell you. So do you remember Wayne? Well we started working with Wayne again a couple months back and told him how it is and went through a process, but a couple weeks back we invited him to be baptised on the 23 of March! Well that's this Saturday!! I have loved working with Wayne because when he started taking the gospel seriously, it changed him and I have seen it work on him and shape him and he isn't even the same person as when I first met him. I'm serious, he is completely different. Well he is so ready and excited for Saturday! He is reading, praying and coming to church and well integrated with the ward, it's perfect. So yes Wayne is getting all ready and he is praying about who he wants to baptise him. He is amazing and I'm so glad I have had the privilege to work with him. So yay! Exciting times in Loughborough!
2. Donnella is going to Utah tomorrow with one of the American YSA girls. They are taking a tour of the west coast and will be gone for 4 weeks because it's half term for uni students. So they get 4 weeks off. She is going to Utah, California, Oregon, and Arizona and they are going to go to the Confernce Centre to see General Conference! She is totally loving being in the church she is just soaking up every opportunity that she can!
3. We started a sports night at the chapel every Thursday night at 7 and we had 8 people there last time and we should have a couple more, there is this kid we met on the street. He is way cool and he loves basketball so he said he would come and bring his friends so we are doing a creative finding way.
4. This kid named Ethan just returned from his mission and Sunday was his homecoming. He served in the Athens, Greece Mission. I thought my mission was hard. But he seems like a good kid, we are excited to get him out teaching with us. It should be good.
5. Elder Hansen, one of the ZLs possibly has a Costco card, he's checking with his parents today but if he does then that means we can go to Costco in Leicester! They are so rare to have and we have the chance to go! I'm sooo excited! It will be awesome.
6. Things here are doing well. We have had some good finding hours this week and got a couple of potentials and some new investigators! It's exciting! We have a couple of potentials that could turn into something so we will see. We were teaching one of our former investigators and she gave us a referral, which is one more than we usually get so we were so grateful! It was just a number and a name, so we called him up and told him we had met with this friend of his and she had said you might need some help and we told him we love to serve and we share a message of Jesus Christ that can bless our lives and would he be interested and he said come over Saturday morning! MIRACLE!! It was amazing! We were so excited, he seemed really nice so there is some potential there. The Lord is blessing us really, that's all it comes down to, everyone we are working with is a miracle that God has given us. It is amazing to be in this area because we notice the little miracles every day. That's something I have been working on--noticing all the tiny miracles, like yesterday my feet were dry. Awesome.
The new area and the ZLs are doing great they are just finding and finding and finding. We gave them a couple streets to knock and some people to stop by to see so we hope that they get something from that. They are good guys and good missionaries and they are seeing miracles as well so it's good.
The ward is doing well. We have a dinner appointment everyday but Saturday and the other elders I think have the same and they are all separate. President doesn't want us doing 4 man DAs so they are all 2 man so its quite impressive that the ward is stepping up and the Lord is blessing them for their efforts.
It has been cold here and it randomly freak snow storms. It's nuts like it's alright weather then BOOM blizzard hahaha. It's like BYU-I but the snow doesn't stick so that's good. It's crazy though! It has been bitter cold the last couple of days but oh well its England and I'm quite used to this by now hahaha.
"Courage is when you kept pushing on and not giving up when everyone would understand why you fell."
I love this quote. like in Finding Nemo, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming swimming swimming.
One last thing--the 6 nations rugby match was the other day. Basically it determines who is the champion at rugby and it was the defending champions, WALES vs ENGLAND hahaha and guess who won.......WALES! LOL I was loving it hahaha! Elders Quorum the next day was a bit tense hahaha maybe becuase i wore my IWales socks hahahaha it had to be done.
Happy St. Patrick's Day!