Monday, April 22, 2013

week 93



Things here in Loughborough are doing great!  Time is just flying by though!  It's almost May! and the transfer ends in like 20 odd days!  Oh my days!! It's ridiculous!!  I'm really happy that I am able to stay in Loughborough.  I love it here sooo much! The members are amazing the area is amazing it is all just amazing and I wouldn't trade it for anything!!  

So some news of things going on here.  The zone leaders have a baptism on Saturday of a former investigator named Michael!  He is amazing and has changed so much!  We have a zone meeting in a couple of days so that will be good.  Oh my days here is one it has been soooooo sunny the past couple of days!!!! It has been awesome to roll around in a short sleeve shirt!  I'm loving it!  It might get sunny today not sure.  But things are good we have sports night again Thursday so hopefully we can get some people to that.  Things are good, we're getting fed, I'm dry, have a good companion, the ward is good.  Can't complain it's all good. 

Training is good-- I really do love it, but it does come with its challenges.  He is only 18! I wasn't even graduated yet in spring when I was 18! It's insane!!  So with that comes increased homesickness, more than I had and more than Elder Dutton had.  But he is a rock and he is pushing through.  We have level up'd on our comp unity, because he is a quiet one. We agreed that whenever a thought comes into our mind we will say it out loud so now there is much more talking than before.  All I can do is my best. I try to teach by example and words if needed and I do my best.  Sometimes Elder Steel struggles approaching people, but we are doing role plays and working on it.  He can talk to people it's just the initial stopping them that he struggles with, well fair play so do i hahaha.  It's always scary!  Elder Steel is awesome and is a better missionary than he thinks!  

Our finding has picked up a lot we get about 2 potentials a day with a couple of books but the hard part is turning those potentials into investigators.  We are just finding and excited to start teaching some of these awesome people we are finding.  We aren't teaching loads, but we do have 3 or 4 people we are working with so that is good.  Service is something we haven't been doing as much of to be fair, we will for sure start doing a lot more hours a week of service!  
 
“You are a part of this special generation.  It is not be chance that you are here at this important time in the history of the Lord’s work.  It is your opportunity to declare this message of the Restoration with greater force and effect than any of the previous generation. “--Elder L. Tom Perry

That is an amazing quote by Elder Perry!  It really lifts you up a bit!!  I'm excited to have the missionaries over for dinner and to go out with them and stuff when I get home!  I'll be an old fart and way smaller than both of them probably lol.  


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this post and Elder Barton perspective... it blows my mind Elder Steel was so quiet at first!

    ReplyDelete