Monday, October 22, 2012

week 67

So this is the last time you will hear from me before transfers lol, that sounds pretty dramatic.  YOU'LL NEVER HEAR FROM ME AGAIN! lol  So transfers are Monday this time, so the 29 of October. They have some fancy Mission President meeting on that Wednesday, so Pres. Rasmussen moved transfers. So you will hear from me either Monday or Tuesday! :) happy days.  So last week we had presidents interviews, but I asked President bluntly, "am i going to be here for the open house?" 
and he said, "well Elder how long have you been in Milford Haven now?" 
"9 months sir."  
"no probably not."  
So I'm planning on getting transferred Monday. So what will happen is on Saturday we will get the dodge (the what's up with everyone--who is leaving/staying/new comps, everything). So I have begun packing a bit so I don't have to stay up all night Saturday.  Because Sunday is Stake Conference in Merthyr Tydfill and then we are going to Abberystwyth.  So it's going to be a pretty crazy week.

The weather here is pretty bleek and boring now, about 14 degrees or so and in a couple of days its supposed to drop to about 7 degrees so that's about 45. It will be winter soon!  I love it!
Bro. Dickie is the man!  He is like 94 years old and still going strong!  Like today actually, he took us to see St. David's Cathedral.  It is a beautiful cathedral!  It was way fun!   


Brother Dickie is the oldest member of the branch.  He is a retired GP and he lives alone.  His wife
died a while back.  He goes to the temple 1 week every month.  He is just one of those awesome old funny guys everyone loves.  i don't have a picture of him because he hates pictures lol but when I get one I will send it.


So Milford Haven is seeing miracles.  We got a media referral and so we tried visiting and nothing. So we had a night of appointments and Bro. Dickie  was with us and all our appointments fell through. So we decided to stop by this referral and the mum answered and she was super excited.  She was like, "Oh I love your religion, I've read the Book of Mormon, you are all so pleasant!" And I'm like, "WHAT!!  GOLDEN!"  So she says, "let me go get my son, he was the one that wanted you to come." So he comes down, and this kid is 17 and elect!  The whole family is elect. Well the mum was busy speaking to dad so we taught the kid and invited him to be baptised and he sad YES!  We are seeing him tomorrow and we are going to put him on a date for the 1st of December!  Then we checked the building schedule for the 1st of December and it's free, so we booked it having faith he will say yes!  Oh man I'm sooooo excited!!!!  I'm not going to lie I'm kinda sad that the second we have a golden elect person I'm leaving.  But..this is how I feel.  I have been here 9 months, I've worked hard, and tried to find people.  Now the Lord led us to this elect kid and his family, and I'm so grateful for the opportunity and blessing I had to meet him, becasue it is proof to me that even in a really hard area when it seems "dead" that there are people prepared to hear the gospel and I saw that.  I saw and taught him because the Lord allowed me to, and now I can leave this area happy because I feel like I was led and guided and found the person the Lord wanted me to find.  So I don't need to see the blessings.  I
feel I have left this area better than when I found it so I'm happy.


The chapel is looking really good, it should be handed over the end of November!  Man I'm sooo excited for this area!  It's going to explode and not slow down for a long time! I'm so happy!

I'm loving my mission so far, I'm learning soooo much and trying now to apply and really build habits and my testimony in things by doing them1

No comments:

Post a Comment